Coach McKinstry and the Leone Stars have arrived in Cape Verde ahead of their World Cup qualifier this weekend.
Coach McKinstry commented "Despite the disappointment of Tunisia's last minute equaliser, the players are in upbeat mood ahead of our game in Praia against Cape Verde."
"However, we know that we face a difficult challenge - our opponents are awaiting CAF’s decision regarding their appeal over 3 points, and if that goes in their favour then they will be in a strong position in the group - as such they will be throwing everything at us come game time."
The game is only the second in charge for Coach McKinstry, having met the squad just over a week ago
Asked about the short recovery time following the Tunisia game, Coach McKinstry said:
"We go into the game without a few key players in Tetteh Bangura and Kei Kamara who picked up injuries against Tunisia, as well as Sherif Suma who is suspended. It is always difficult when you lose players of this calibre, but their absence provides opportunity for other members of the squad to claim the shirt, and I am confident they will be up to the task."
Coach Mckinstry has also taken the opportunity to further enhance the squad by calling up goalkeepers John Trye (USA) and Solomon 'Zombo' Morris (France)
Notes to Editors
- The preparation is in advance of World Cup 2013 Qualifier against Cape Verde on 15 June 2013
- The game is the second in charge for Coach McKinstry who was appointed to the post in April 2013.
- See www.johnnymckinstry.com for a range of information - biography, press releases and photographs for press use.
Download Pictures (for Media Use)
Any of the pictures on this website can be downloaded from our photos / videos page.
- Pictures are free for use in web/print news or social media if unaltered and accompanied by a prominent photo credit e.g. (photo: Darren McKinstry / www.johnnymckinstry.com).
- Pictures should not be used in other promotional material or for reward unless written permission has been obtained.
- Higher resolution photos are also available if required.