Coach McKinstry and the Leone Stars have begun a one week training camp to prepare for their World Cup qualifier this weekend (8 June 2013) against Tunisia.
The game is the first in charge for Coach McKinstry who was appointed in April 2013. He has named a 24-man squad, which includes some new faces alongside established regulars.
Coach McKinsty commented "My staff and I are looking forward to the game this coming saturday after what has been a good week on the training ground with the players. Naturally there has been a bit of ‘getting to know you’ for the staff, as well as the players, but I am pleased at how things have gone. The team have had a very positive work ethic and are training well. Team discipline and morale is good...."
"Over the last number of days we have been working on a number of things in training with the players - some of it new, and they have taken to our approach very well, and I think that will stand us in good stead come Saturday."
"We have also added a few new faces to the group, many of whom I know will give the supporters something extra to get excited about come kick off this weekend. Make no doubt about it, this is a big game for both ourselves and Tunisia and I am looking forward to seeing the fans out in support. We will be going all out for the 3 points, and I am certain that come full-time that the supporters will have seen a performance befitting Sierra Leone."
Notes to Editors
- The game is a World Cup 2013 Qualifier against Tunisia on 8 June 2013
- The game is the first in charge for Coach McKinstry who was appointed in April 2013.
- See www.johnnymckinstry.com for a range of information - biography, press releases and photographs for press use.
Download Pictures (for Media Use)
Any of the pictures on this website can be downloaded from our photos / videos page.
- Pictures are free for use in web/print news or social media if unaltered and accompanied by a prominent photo credit e.g. (photo: Darren McKinstry / www.johnnymckinstry.com).
- Pictures should not be used in other promotional material or for reward unless written permission has been obtained.
- Higher resolution photos are also available if required.